Welcome to my world . . .

I often wonder, after reading my posts, what you think life is like around here. Certainly at least, it runs through your mind that Evie speaks like a sailor around the house; where else could Ethan pick up such colorful language?

Ethan's brain is highly sensitive to images, especially movies, TV shows, etc.  He picks up all those little tid-bits we glance over and normally miss. It is if his subconscious brain is running constantly on a mixture of cold Junior Mints-the industrial, theater size box-and a six-pack of Coke.

Here is an example of what I am talking about:
On Sunday evening, two weeks ago, we were watching the Mormon Tabernacle Choir broadcast from Red Rocks, Colorado. During the concert the choir began to sing The Battle Hymn of the Republic. Morgan turned and asked Ethan what movie that song was from. In less time then it took you to read that sentence Ethan responded with The Wild, Wild, West! (the Will Smith version) . . .

Yeah, I know what you're thinking, when in the heck did they sing that song during the movie. I have no idea, but trust me it's there!

Here is another example of the photographic-sponge-like ability he has to pick up things, especially those embarrassing, inappropriate, things.
During a difficult time at school last year Ethan remarked to his teachers, "Hey, li'l b-----s!" (If your hunch was to insert the plural form of the B-word, give your self an A.) 

I'll let you stew on that for a second, while your breathing returns to normal following that sudden gasp of air, and let you try to figure out what movie it is from. . .

Any luck guessing?

Here, I'll save you from the additional agony and strain;

Transformers

I know what you're saying, when did that line get used during the movie?

It reared it's ugly head for about 1/1000 of a nanosecond during the scene right after the Transformers first landed on Earth. Optimus Prime was introducing his weapons officer, Jazz, who quickly responded with,
"What's crackin', li'l b-----s?"

So, how do I deal with these precious moments when they occur?

It is a trade secret known in close circles as "The Look."

Here's what it entails:

I slowly close my eyes, slightly tilt my head back and take a slow and deliberate deep breath, and since my eyes are closed and you can't see, roll them deeply into the back of my head looking for an escape route which for some reason is always blocked off, and then I begin singing in my mind those famous words, "Welcome to my world, won't you come on in . . . "

It's my way to "engage the mechanism," much like Costner's character does in For Love of the Game.

It actually works. Trust me I do it several times a day, every day. Now, if I can only figure out where Ethan got this uncanny ability to pull bizarre information out of nowhere . . . Hmm, I wonder . . .

Comments

  1. Well...we KNOW he doesn't get it from his DAD... :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm still laughing about Evie walking around this house with a 'sailor mouth'!! And what was that line about 'engage the mechanism'? from For the love of the game? I love that you close with a quote from a movie and a question of 'where would he get it'? You are too funny!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts