WORLD'S BEST SISTER


This semester is almost over, and we recently received a progress report on Morgan's STIM 657 class. I am happy to report she is doing great, and was honored as an
Individual who shares an undiminished identity, who puts aside fear and exclusiveness and adapt to reach a commonality of goals to create a place where you are treated as a whole despite differences, where you gain a sense of competence, learn tolerance and hold pride for oneself, each other, the community and throughout life...
Ethan’s 1st period teacher nominated her for the award. Here is an excerpt of the nomination proposal:
Morgan is one of the most caring students I have ever come into contact with. She is her brother's peer tutor in 1st hour...She is always there for him helping him. She goes out of her way to always help her little brother...If I could find an award that said, 'World's Best Sister,' I would get it for her. I grew up with a special needs sister and I just love to see someone else who goes out of the way for their special needs sibling. It just melts my heart. Morgan is beyond a model student...and she should be recognized for that.
:)

Comments

  1. There have many times that I wondered if I was in Morgan’s shoes, would “I” be as patient and caring. Could I possibly give such unconditional support and show compassion and understanding with sincere love and desire!! Would I give of my time and enjoy do it? What makes her so special? So unique?.

    ..and then I think...No, sadly, I probably wouldn’t be that wonderful sister...I am sad to say.

    I believe a lot of who Morgan is comes from within her, something that she was given before she came to this earth. I also believe a lot of her many attributes come from her amazing parents.

    It has been a privilege to watch her grow and mature...she has become quite an amazing young woman and I feel like there are many things I can learn from watching her! She is an example to me and it makes me want to be a better sister.

    We love you Morgan!

    UM/AA

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is awesome, I don't know why but this totally made me cry. She is such a wonderful young lady, and an even more amazing sister!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have subbed in that class and agree! Morgan does a great job, but not only in that class. She is ALWAYS good with Ethan. What an example she is to all who witnesses the Christlike way she treats her brother.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Could not be more proud of beautiful Morgan. Indeed she is Sister of the Year. Everyone should be so fortunite to have someone like Morgan in their family.

    We love you, Morgan!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts