Twenty-One & Counting

Twenty-one what, you might ask?

No, it's no one's 21st birthday, we've either got a long way to go, or passed those by years ago...

No, it's not the number of posts I've written this month - this is the first...

      ...or this year - this is the 8th...
      
      ...or ever - this makes number 81...

No,  it is not the number of Crouching Tiger, Holy Cows! I've managed to pull off without pulling a hamstring; twenty-one was surpassed years ago, and continues on ad infinitum...

It's not the number of comments people have made to my posts. Occasionally it feels that way, as Blogger, Facebook, and my e-mail sit silently, wondering what people have thought... To date there have been 142 comments (Thank You!)...

Give up?

Twenty-one is the number of visits Ethan has made to the Melmed Center to see Laura Jensen, his PsyNP. That's three times a year for the past seven years.

But that's not all. 

It is also the twenty-first time Laura Jensen has removed this little note from under her desk blotter and Xeroxed it for Ethan, and made him a happy boy! In fact this year, she already had it out and copied awaiting his arrival.


No, Ethan isn't applying the rules to establish a sort of paradigm shift, he simply loves the fact that it has Sponge Bob and friends on it. 

For me, however, my joy in the note is for an entirely different reason.

I love the fact that even with a large caseload of patients, Laura Jensen remembers to give Ethan a copy, each and every visit, no questions asked. Thank you Laura for seeing my son for who he is, and not just a number!

Comments

  1. It makes my day when I see you have posted. I am one of many (I am sure) who love to read your thoughts, but fail to comment. Please continue to share.....it warms my heart.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts