A Chain of Events

The only way of expressing emotion...is by finding...a set of objects, a situation, a chain of events which shall be the formula of that particular emotion.                                                 T.S. Eliot

Recently Michael reached his 16-month mark, meaning he has 8 months left before he returns home. That is approximately 240 days.

Believe me, when I say, I'm not counting, I'm glad he is there because he is growing up to be a fine man. But, considering the drama that it caused when he left, 240 days left is a far cry from the over 700 days that Ethan started with.

So, we are eagerly planning his return home. In fact last month my wife spent several days putting together a little something for Ethan so that he could visualize Michael's return a little easier.








Clearly, you can see why this wouldn't have worked when he first left. We would have needed to move to a bigger house to make room for it...

Each day that passes a chain gets cut off and we get one day closer to Michael walking back in the front door. When that day happens, talk about a happy boy!

Comments

  1. Jeff,

    I wanted to thank you for writing your Blog. My wife and I have been following it for about a year now, and I have been so thankful for the experiences you have shared. We were told about a year ago that our son Brayden (10) had high functioning autism. It has been a long year of learning what to and not to do, and what works and what is a bunch of garbage. Your Blog has been a breath of fresh air for me; an LDS Dad struggling with so many things that are out of his control.

    Thank You!

    Joshua Wayman
    joshua.wayman@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts